If you are interested in adopting one of our pups please:
1. Fill out our "On line Puppy Application" (found in the upper left hand margin of this page).
2. Indicate which litter is of interest to you (see litter lists below).
3. Once a pregnancy has been confirmed by ultrasound, we will post a notice on this page of our website. At that point, you can secure your place on the wait list by placing a $250 deposit either through Paypal (see left hand margin). Please do not send a deposit before we have opened up the waitlist. The order in which puppies are chosen is determined by your place on the wait list. Deposits are non-refundable, however, they can be transferred on to future litter wait lists.
4. Please bear in mind that some spaces on new litters have been reserved by customers who have moved on to the list after having been on previous litter waitlists. If we are not able to provide folks with the gender/color of pup that they want we give them the option of moving their deposit on to a future list before we open the list up to the general public. This is why some of our newly confirmed litters already have spaces accounted for before we even announce a confirmed pregnancy.
Type of Litter
Pups available to go to their new home:
Status of List
Sm Standards 40-50lbs
Visiting day TBD when pups are born
Exact pick up day TBD when pups are born
If Puka has a larger than anticipated litter we will reopen the list at that time.
Quin and Chester*
Chester is owned by Bear River Doodles
Exact pick up day TBD when pups are born
Planned Litters (2016):
Below is a list of anticipated breedings for the next 6 months. Unless noted, expected dates of birth are all
approximate as female dogs' heat cycles/pregnancies can vary greatly.
We are still making decisions regarding the specific pairings for additional upcoming litters. Once we have determined which dogs we will breed together we will post that information on this page.
Once we confirm a pregnancy by ultrasound we will open up that waitlist for deposits. Please do not send a deposit before the waitlist is officially opened. Thank you.
Type of Litter
|Approximate time of breeding
||Ultrasound Date to confirm pregnancy
Status of List
Maia and Dakota
May 3rd, 2016
Maia's ultrasound is scheduled for May 3rd, 2016. If Maia is pregnant we will open the waitlist that day.
We are planning (hoping) for:
Goldendoodles, Multigenerational Labradoodles and Double Doodles in the Fall of 2016.
We will post more specific information as breeding decisions are confirmed.
Goldendoodles - $2000
Double Doodles (50% labradoodle/50% goldendoodle) $2000
Labradoodles - $2500
(California residents are subject to a 8.50% sales tax). Prices do not include shipping. If you are interested in purchasing breeding stock, please
contact us at email@example.com
for more information.
Included in the purchase of a Sierra Vista Labradoodle or
- Spay/neuter (puppies will be de-sexed prior to delivery unless
specifically purchased for breeding purposes).
- 2 Veterinary exams/1st set of puppy shots and 2 de-wormings.
- Puppy Training Materials
- Micro-chip (to assist in recovery if the dog is lost or stolen).
- Puppy starter kit (collar, leash, food, toy etc)
- Pedigree (3-5 generation).
- 26 month Genetic Health Warrantee.
- Ongoing support and consultation regarding puppy raising, training
- We reserve no more than 6 spaces before a litter is born (the average sized litter is 6-8 pups)
- Sierra Vista Labradoodles
reserves the right to make changes of either stud, dam or both as required
by the needs of our breeding program.
- We also reserve the right to retain any breeding quality
pups from any litter in order to keep or exchange as needed for our breeding
Sierra Vista's Health Warranty
Our breeding dogs undergo a variety of health testing (OFA
or Pennhip, CERF, elbows, patellas, vWd and thyroid) prior to breeding.
We strive to breed healthy and sound family pets. Your puppy will come
with a 7 day general health warranty and a 26 month genetic health guaranty.
Just as two healthy human parents have the potential to have a child with a genetic disorder, even health tested breeding dogs can produce a pup with a genetic health problem. Should your puppy develop a life-threatening/life-altering genetic health issue within the first 26 months we will reimburse veterinary costs up to the purchase price of the dog.
The Breeder-Owner Partnership
responsibility to you:
- Your puppy will be in good health when you receive him or her. To
ensure your satisfaction of this, you will be required to have your
puppy examined by your veterinarian within 72 hours of receiving him/her.
You will receive copies of all pertinent health records for your puppy,
including vaccination record.
- We will be available to answer questions and provide consultation
during the life of your doodle.
- If for any reason you are no longer able to care for your Sierra
Vista doodle we ask that you to return the dog to us so that we may
find him/her a new home.
Your responsibility to us:
- We expect that you will have a realistic understanding of the responsibilities
of dog ownership (puppy behavior: chewed leather shoes, barking, housebreaking
etc). Owning a dog is a big commitment. The life span of a labradoodle
can range from 12-15 years. There are many costs associated with dog
ownership including; food, health care, toys, license, grooming etc.
- We require that you bring puppy to your vet within 72 hrs to confirm
to your satisfaction that your puppy is in good health.
- As difficult as it may be, we will ask you to resist the temptation
to show off your puppy in public (pet store, park, any place frequented
by many other dogs) until he/she has completed the full round of puppy
shots. Puppies are particularly vulnerable to contracting parvovirus
and other contagious illnesses during this time.
- Doodles are well known for their great personalities and intelligence.
However, every dog must be trained to live within the rules of your
house and family. Training requires a good deal of time and patience.
We strongly recommend the use of a crate for house training and attendance
at a puppy obedience class, especially if you have not previously trained
- We ask for a commitment from you to return the dog to us if for any
reason you are unable to care for your doodle. We want to ensure that
none of our dogs ever end up in a shelter.
Pictures of past litters:
Our Guardian Family Program
Sierra Vista Labradoodles and Goldendoodles is a small breeding program
dedicated to breeding great family dogs. Our dogs live and sleep in our
house with our family. They are involved in our daily life and our community.
We believe that all dogs deserve to be a part of their own family and
to live within a loving home where they will receive the care and attention
What is a Guardian Family?
A guardian family agrees to raise, train and care for a Sierra Vista
breeding doodle throughout his/her breeding career. In exchange for providing
a home for one of our breeding dogs, ownership will be transferred to
the Guardian family when the dog is retired from his/her breeding career.
What are the requirements for becoming a Guardian Family?
Guardian families must:
- live within a 75 mile radius of Sierra Vista Labradoodles (Davis CA),
- have a home with a fenced-in yard,
- have prior experience owning/raising/training a puppy/dog,
- understand the issues involved with caring for an intact male or female
and be willing to assume those responsibilities,
- be willing to have the dog return to us as needed throughout the year
to be brought in for veterinary appointments, be bred, give birth and
raise puppies. Female breeders will stay with us for approximately 2
months following the birth of their litter.
- be willing to be actively involved in communicating with us regarding
the general health and well being of the dog.
If you are interested in Guardian Family program, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org . We will ask you to fill out an application. Qualified applicants
will be contacted to arrange for an interview. We want Guardian Families
to have a chance to fully understand what raising a breeding dog entails.
In turn, we do a thorough screening of each Guardian Home to ensure the
best placement possible for each of our dogs.